The air purifiers have become very fashionable in recent years, and this is thanks to its great utility when it comes to eliminating those toxic elements, pollutants, smoke and air particles.
More and more homes and offices are opting to acquire an air purifier that allows them to breathe in the air a clean, pure and free of any kind of harmful to the body. They are ideal to get the interior of any room where you are.
Humans are approximately 90% of the time in closed spaces, which have particles suspended in the air that often are not beneficial to the body, as occurs for people with allergies, asthma or respiratory problems.
With these devices you will be able to improve the air quality of your home in a substantial way.
In this complete and interesting guide on air purifiers we offer 2 sections that will help you make the best decision according to your needs and budget so that you do not suffer again due to pollution, particles and airborne pathogens in your home:
1. The Best Air Purifiers of 2017
Despite the great diversity of brands of air purifiers that have been launched on the market in recent years, you have to know how to choose among the best brands. Our main proposals are:
- Philips: There is no doubt that this is one of the star brands if you think about buying an air purifier for your home or office. Its products are able to offer design, quality, functionality, effectiveness and really competitive prices.
- Rowenta: This well-known brand has also opted to manufacture its own purifiers for the air. This brand is committed to the latest and most advanced technology, applying it in all its products to make life easier for people.
- Bionaire: Another of the brands we recommend is Bionaire, since its purifiers meet high quality, modern and avant-garde designs, the most advanced technology and really interesting prices. This brand is presented as a really interesting proposal.
Below we offer you a list of the 4 best air purifiers you can buy for an interesting and attractive price-quality ratio.
1. Philips Air Purifier 2000i, Wifi Enabled, True HEPA, Reduces Allergens, Pollen, Dust Mites, Mold, Pet Dander, Gases and Odors
Reduce allergens, gases and indoor air odors with the Philips 2000i air purifier. With a professional sensor, AeraSense technology automatically monitors and responds, purifying the air in your room. The air purifier also provides real-time air quality feedback through the numeric display, color ring and attached application. The application allows you to control the air purifier from anywhere and track the quality of indoor and outdoor air. In addition, the application provides guidance on allergen management for current air quality conditions. With 3 automatic cleaning modes (General, Allergens, Bacteria and Viruses) and 5 manual settings, including a silent suspension option, you can customize your cleaning. The Philips 2000i air purifier is Energy Star certified, AHAM certified and ideal for medium to large rooms.
- App provides real-time access to indoor and outdoor allergen levels, historical tracking, as well as advice and tools to reduce your allergen exposure.
- Reduces allergens, pollen, pet dander, house dust mites, gases, and odors and captures up to 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns from the air that passes through the filter.
- With professional-grade performance, AeraSense technology detects even the slightest change in indoor air quality and auto-adjusts the fan speed to maintain cleaner air.
- Shows real-time indoor air quality via color ring and numerical Indoor Allergen Index on the dashboard of the air purifier
- Ideal for medium to large rooms such as your living room. Room size : 277 sq.ft./15.7m²
3 automatic modes, 5 manual modes
The Philips 2000i Air Purifier features three automatic cleaning configurations: a general mode, an extra-sensitive allergen mode and extra strong bacteria and virus modes. It also has 5 manual modes, including an extra silent ‘sleep’ mode and an extra powerful ‘Turbo Speed’ mode. You can choose your preferred mode to customize and optimize your cleaning.
Ideal for medium and large rooms
The Philips 2000i series of air purifiers was designed for medium and large rooms. B. designed a living room. It is recommended for rooms up to 277 square feet. AHAM, the main trade association of the appliance industry, independently tests the cleaner, and has a CADR rating of 211. The cleaner has a low energy consumption and is Energy Star. Certified.
Control your air purifier from anywhere
The 2000i cleaner is Wi-Fi enabled, 3G and 4G, so you can control your air purifier from anywhere with the application connected. Change the fan speed, set a schedule or see the filter life from the easy-to-use application.
2. Rowenta PU6020 Intense Pure Air 800-Square Feet Air Purifier with Pollution Sensors
Provide clean, breathable indoor air with this pure air purifier Rowenta PU6020U0. Ideal for rooms up to 835 square meters, the air filter to create a healthier habitat helps – ideal for homes with asthmatic children, or anyone who wants better protection against the disease cause of air pollution. A real power, the air filter has four levels of reliable filtration. The initial pre-filter of the unit captures particles such as human hair, pet dander and dust. In addition, your active carbon filter effectively removes cigarette smoke, general household odors and harmful toxins, such as paint fumes.
The air then flows through the true HEPA filter of the air filter, which detects 99.97% of the particles and impurities (up to 0.3 microns) that are filtered, including dust, pollen, animal dander, mite debris. of dust, mold spores, and more. .. The NanoCaptur filter the air filter – the fourth and last filtration stage – continuously destroyed formaldehyde, a dangerous human carcinogen found in most homes, typically daily cleaning products, presses on wood and building materials . In addition to its four levels of filtration the air purifier has seen the particles and chemical pollutants in the air and automatically adjust the filtration speed to ensure optimal air quality and contamination through intelligent sensors.
Award AHAM certified and Energy Star for energy efficiency, intense Pure Air offers air purifier also three intelligent modes (Automatic, Night and manual), an ultra-quiet operation, ambient ambient lighting, a currency filter screen and a built-in timer Sleep and eight hours -Startfunktion. Enjoy healthier and ultimate peace of mind with the pure air purifier Rowenta PU6020U0.
- Ultra-quiet air purifier with 4 levels of filtration for cleaner, more breathable indoor air; for spaces up to 835 square feet
- Pre-filter traps larger particles like dust and hair; active carbon filter traps odors, smoke, VOCs, and chemical pollutants
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles and impurities as small as .3 microns, like pollen, dust mites, and virus bacterium
- NanoCaptur filter permanently destroys formaldehyde, a common human carcinogen found in homes
- Smart pollution sensors auto adjust filtration speed as needed; AHAM certified; Energy Star rated; 8-hour built-in timer
Technical Data and Functions:
- 2 intelligent modes
- Automatic mode: the filtering speed is automatically adjusted to the air quality.
- Night mode (moonlight): the intensity of the light is reduced and the filtering speed is set for a particularly silent airflow at night.
- Timer / delayed start
- Intense Pure Air Cleaner includes a timer and a delayed start, which can be programmed up to 8 hours.
- Filter change indicator
- Rowenta Intense Pure Air has a filter change indicator. A warning light will appear on the control panel that will inform you when it is time to change the HEPA and carbon filters.
- 4 Speeds
- Manually select one of four speeds to adjust the filtration level to your needs.
3. Bionaire Permanent HEPA Type Air Purifier with Germ-Fighting UV
Bionaire’s HEPA, germ-reducing, germ-reducing air purifier removes up to 99 percent of all airborne allergens and contaminants. The easy-to-use keyboard is equipped with UV germicidal technology that has been proven to help eliminate germs, viruses, bacteria, mold and mildew from the air.
- HEPA Type Filter helps remove up to 99.97% of dust, smoke, pollen, odors, mold spores and pet dander. This air purifier filters particles as small as 2 microns and larger to help provide cleaner air for your home or office
- This Bionaire HEPA Air Purifier Tower includes germicidal UV technology proven to remove up to 99% of germs, viruses, bacteria, mold and fungi particles from the air. Help avoid catching a cold this flu season and for many more to come
- This space-saving air purifier has a slim design that is perfect for any room to best suit your space. Recommended for rooms up to 256 square feet
- Choose from 4 cleaning speeds to keep the air fresh and pure inside your home. Multiple Setting Timer allows you to automatically run your air purifier for up to 16 hours
- This product comes with a 3-year limited warranty from Holmes. Uses the most effective filter technology available, enhanced with baking soda to eliminate odor
Technical Data and Functions:
This air tower cleaner has a HEPA filter, a filter that allows you to get rid of up to 99% of the pollen and dust particles that are in the environment, being effective with particles up to 2 microns. Emphasize that the filter is not only permanent, it is easily cleaned and can be reused.
In addition, this tower purifier helps reduce smoke, mold spores as well as pet flaking. It is a perfect model to use in rooms or dormitories that have dimensions of up to 74 square meters. It has up to 3 speeds to graduate the power according to the needs of each moment.
This device is also a magnificent ionizer that allows the release of negatively charged ions in the filtered air, that is, those that are attached to positively charged particles, such as smoke, dust or pollen, creating particles larger than the filter can easily catch.
This tower purifier has dimensions that are around 283 x 209 x 752 mm and a weight that reaches 6,621 kg. It has a power of up to 70W as well as a timer of up to 8 hours. The design offered is very careful, beautiful, modern and with perfect finishes, in addition to providing strength and durability.
It is a device that is really easy to clean as well as easy to use. It is a perfect product to keep the air clean of the environment and to enjoy a clean and pure air in any room of the home or office. It offers a very interesting quality-price ratio.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages: This tower purifier is very effective and occupies very little space. Removes up to 99% of particles and air pollutants. It has up to 3 speeds. It is a compact, lightweight, resistant and very useful device, especially for people with asthma, allergies or respiratory problems.
Disadvantages: The main drawback of this model is that it is loud at its maximum speed, so at night it can be slightly annoying. The power of the LEDS is somewhat high. The filters should be cleaned regularly as maintenance.
If you are looking for quality, price and effectiveness, this product is what you are looking for. A very smart and attractive purchase for those looking for a good quality air purifier at a competitive price. A safe bet
It fulfills its function. The difference in air quality is noted before and after use. Highly recommend.
2. What to take into account when buying an air purifier
The purifiers for the air with perfect allies to take care of the health of small and elderly people of the house, especially if they suffer from any pathology such as asthma or allergy, but when choosing a model you have to take into account several aspects to get the right purchase:
Brand: Bet only for those products of recognized brand, brands that provide maximum guarantees, the highest quality and the best functionality. They are remarkable Philips, Boneco or Rowenta, among many others. Remember to choose a manufacturer that is accredited.
Best air purifiers Noise level, is it silent?
Another of the most important aspects to consider is the noise level of the purifier. Choosing a model as quiet as possible will help you reduce discomfort during operation. The acceptable noise level will depend on each room in the house.
Energy consumption: Check that it is a low consumption model to avoid unpleasant surprises in the bill of light. They are especially recommended those purifiers that are around 40W of power, since the consumption will be very small.
Action area: Remember to choose a model that is capable of treating the desired area, and for this it will be necessary to take into account both the square meters of the room / s where you want to use your purifier, as well as the square meters that your model will be able to cover.
Efficiency: The efficiency of your purifier has to be measured by the size of the particle it is capable of capturing. The advisable thing is that it is capable of catching particles of 0.3 microns or even smaller. Note that small particles of 0.3 to 5 microns are usually those that include allergens such as mites, viruses or bacteria.
Design: In the market have come to light models really avant-garde, modern and sophisticated, so we recommend you always opt for purifiers with careful, elegant, versatile and compact designs, models that match perfectly with the decor of your home.
Filter indicator, how often should the filter be changed?
Make sure that the chosen model has indicators that warn you of the moment in which you have to change the filters for new filters, since it is a very useful and practical function. In this way you will achieve optimal air quality.
If you are thinking about acquiring an air purifier for your home or office, the previous proposals that we offer are presented as really interesting alternatives to assess. These purifiers will allow you to enjoy a clean and healthy environment. Leave behind sneezing, coughing, allergies, asthma and other problems with an air purifier.