In order to gain relieve from dust mites allergy symptoms, cleaning the mattresses, pillows, furniture and treating the carpeting, curtains, ducts, vents, etc. with a professional procedure throughout the entire home is the only right way to do it. Sanitizing the bedroom should definitely be the first priority, simply because we spend around 1/3 of our life in the bedroom.
More information about Dust Mites Allergy Symptoms
Main targets including mattress, pillows, and beddings. Clean and sanitize your mattress will make a big difference to the dust mites allergy symptoms. It will impact on controlling allergy and Asthma symptoms, as well as decontaminating the bed of germs, bacteria, viruses, mold spores, bedbugs and more.
Allergies or reactions to things around you can be hereditary. When you have allergy problems, some of the symptoms may be:
- itching in the eyes
- nose dripping
- coughing, wheezing in the chest, and
- Itchy skin.
Sometimes you do not know what causes these allergy symptoms. Medical studies can help identify the cause of your symptoms. These studies are usually small scratches or stings on the skin or under the skin.
What are reactions (allergies) to dust mites?
Dust mites are very small animals that can not be seen. The excrement of dust mites makes some people sick. These dust mites live in:
- upholstered furniture
- old clothes
- stuffed toys
- Dust mites feed on our skin.
- Dust mites are usually found in humid climates.
They can not live in dry places. If you breathe dust containing dust mite excrement, it may produce allergy symptoms. You may start to sneeze, cough, breathe with a wheezing, or you may feel itchy.
How can you control dust mites in your home?
When you already know what is allergic, you can avoid what causes you allergy. Allergy and asthma reactions can be improved over time, if you can avoid what causes allergy. You can make changes throughout your home. The bedroom is the most important place. The bedroom is the place where people spend most of their time.
How can you control the dust?
Dust mites live on carpets, furniture and beds. Cover the mattress, and the base of the mattress with a special dustproof lining. As the mites are so small, you should cover the mattress and the base of the mattress with a special liner,
so that the mites are kept inside. These linings are usually made of plastic materials. If there is more than one mattress in the bedroom, all mattresses should be covered in the same way.
- You should put cloth tape over the entire liner closure.
- Wash all bedding and pillows once a week in warm water at 130 degrees F.
- Put pillows in dustproof liners. (Same as mattress)
- Do not sleep on the carpet.
Other Useful Tips
- Remove the carpet from the bedroom. You can use small washable rugs.
- Use wooden or plastic furniture rather than upholstered furniture in the bedroom.
- The person who is allergic to dust mites should not use the vacuum cleaner or stay home when they are vacuuming.
- Use an air conditioner.
- Do not use humidifiers or vaporizers, these increase humidity and this increases the chances of dust mites.
- Allergy to dust mites can be controlled. This can make a big difference for you.