Itching can be caused by several causes, from harmless things like rubbing labels on clothes, to skin problems like dermatitis, fungi and even cancer treatments. Before going to a doctor it is a good idea to try home remedies for skin allergies.
When the itching is for some harmless cause, it usually disappears when scratching. However, there are times when the itching or purito do not give up so easily, and the person tends to suffer from itching several times a day in one place. This can be very uncomfortable and even harmful to the health and emotional state of the person, as it can be very stressful and cause a lot of anxiety. Itching and itching on the skin
Most common causes of itching or itching of the skin:
- Dry skin and little hydrated
- Lack of hygiene or good exfoliation on the skin
- Excessive stress (it should be noted that many times the person does not notice that he is under strong stress)
- Deficiency of vitamins or minerals due to poor nutrition or anemia
- Excessive sweating
- Irritation from the use of irritating soaps or garments of synthetic materials that do not allow good skin respiration
- Problems in the liver or kidneys
- Dermatitis and dermatosis
- Psoriasis, rosacea, etc.
- Fungi, dandruff, streptococcus, etc.
- Skin cancer
To soothe itching or itching on the skin, it is recommended not only to attend to the diet, which should be based on a high intake of fresh vegetables in both juices and salads, but drink enough water to keep the skin well hydrated.
Actually the itch would not be so serious if we could avoid scratching, because when scratching the problem gets worse and the situation gets worse. Many times the cause of the itching is not so serious, but when one scratches the skin it hurts, cracks, inflames and reddens, which aggravates the itching more. Also, scratching can leave scars, marks on the skin and cause it to swell more. It is a vicious circle. So you should avoid scratching, especially if your skin is red, sore, dry or inflamed.
Natural remedies to avoid scratching and soothing itchy or itchy skin
To avoid scratching, there are many natural remedies that can help soothe the itching. Here we give you the most effective herbs so that you calm the itching and help to heal your skin.
- Chamomile: one of the best herbs to soothe the itching of the skin is chamomile, which in addition to moisturizing the skin helps to repair it and to reduce inflammation, thus reducing itching. To make use of it, just prepare an infusion with chamomile tea, boil a cup of water and add a spoonful of chamomile flower. Boil a few more minutes and turn off. Separate some tea in another cup and wet a clean gauze in this infusion. Put it on the skin with itching and you will see how the itching immediately goes. Drink the rest of the infusion.
- Lemon: very effective to calm the itching. Warm half a glass of water and squeeze half a lemon in this water. Wet a gauze and place it on the affected area. Leave there a few seconds and remove, Do not rinse, allow the lemon medicinal water to dry there.
- Oats: put a little oatmeal in a half glass of warm water and wash the itchy area with this water. Oats will calm the itching and help to reduce inflammation of the skin.
- Aloe: use aloe cream or gel on the affected part, washing before with chamomile and drying very well before applying the cream. Aloe is an excellent remedy in cases of dry skin, very useful after exfoliating the skin.
- Infusion of thyme, basil and mint: prepare an infusion with one of these three herbs and wash the affected area, drying without rinsing.
- Bean powder: a super effective remedy in case of chicken pox or measles, the children will help soothe the itchy skin. For this, make a paste with bean powder and apply on top of the rash on the skin. Let the pasta dry and then wash with chamomile.
- Green clay cataplasm: if you really can not stand the itching nothing better than green clay, which cauterizes and helps repair the skin, removing the itching and even the possible inflammation almost instantly. For this, buy green clay and soak a little in pure water, so that a paste is not very liquid. Apply in the area where you have itching smearing softly. Leave it there until it dries and you will see what relief you feel. Once dry, wash with a little chamomile or take a bath. Finishing the bathroom applies a cream of aloe in the area.
- Onion Poultice: Mash a fresh onion in a bowl and add a few drops of lemon. apply the liquid that results from this mixture in the itchy area and leave it there for a few minutes. Remove by washing the area with water or take a bath.
- Garlic and onion: consume fresh garlic and onions, as these will help to heal your skin from within.
- Other natural products that will help you reduce itching are:
- Fasting citrus juice.
- Lemon juice fasting dissolved in half a glass of warm water.
- Drink hot green tea on an empty stomach with the juice of a dissolved lemon.
- Carrot juice with celery, in the afternoon or at noon.
Some causes of itching or itching of the skin and possible solutions
- In case of fungi: apply colloidal silver in the affected area but avoid leaving the cotton wet in this area for more than two minutes if it could not cause an effect adevrso. Keep the area very dry and clean, if the itching is in a fold of the skin such as the armpits, crotch or buttocks, dry the area well with a fan to prevent moisture from triggering itching.
- In case of dermatitis: you should base your diet on raw foods and avoid refining and scrap. Wash the skin with chamomile and apply clay twice a week. If you have inflamed or reddened skin apply papaya mask to reduce inflammation and avoid itching.
- In case of ulcers: apply catapalsmas of aloe or aloe on clean skin and wash with salt water to heal.
- Urticaria: avoid clothing with synthetic fibers, prefer cotton garments and wash your clothes with mild detergents.
- Measles and chicken pox: use green beans or clay powder.
- Insect bites: use crushed garlic on the affected area and leave there until the itching.
- Dandruff: wash your scalp by rubbing well with a mixture of alcohol and white vinegar. Rub very well on all sides and rinse.